During the months of September and October 2019, there will be construction work along Eglinton Ave. E.
Please note our recommended route to access Parkway Honda.
GUIDEWAY CONSTRUCTION BETWEEN SLOANE AVENUE AND JONESVILLE CRESCENT
WHAT WORK IS TAKING PLACE?
Guideway construction will commence east of the future Sloane stop as early as October 14, 2019. Traffic will remain in this configuration (depicted below) for approximately six (6) months. Construction at the Wilson Brook Culvert will also continue. Crews are building a temporary storm drain line, as well as excavating and replacing the storm water culvert under Eglinton Ave East. The culvert work is located on the north side of Eglinton Avenue East between Sloane Avenue and Jonesville Crescent.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• This stage is dedicated to guideway construction and includes: cutting and removal of existing asphalt, excavation, installation of subgrade materials, duct banks installation and track drainage, track slab and stops.
• Work on the Wilson Brook Culvert is ongoing. Crews are building a temporary storm drain line, as well as excavating and replacing the storm water culvert under Eglinton Ave East. The culvert work is located on the north side of Eglinton Avenue East between Sloane Avenue and Jonesville Crescent.
• Pedestrians and road users can expect delays when travelling through the work zone. As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
• Traffic will change to guideway staging as early as October 14, 2019 and remain in place for approximately six (6) months.
• Work may occur between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., seven (7) days a week.
• The contractor may not always work during the permitted hours, but may do so at its discretion.
• Updates on work taking place during overnight periods will be communicated separately.
• Work may be rescheduled or extended due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
• Two eastbound and one westbound lane will be available on Eglinton Avenue East at the Wilson Brook Culvert site.
• The sidewalk will be open on the south side of Eglinton Avenue East between Credit Union Drive and Victoria Park Avenue.
• The north sidewalk will remain closed east of Sloane Avenue to Victoria Park Avenue.
• Pedestrian rerouting around work zones is done to protect the safety of pedestrians. Detours will be clearly marked with signage to direct pedestrians to the alternate routes.